PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

lawdawg

Lifer
Aug 25, 2016
Hi, fellow pipers. I figure my first post here will be an introduction. I've been lurking here for some time, and although you don't yet know, you have collectively taught me the proper techniques for smoking and maintaining pipes, as well as storing tobacco, so first of all, a big thank you to the forum members is in order. I have greatly benefited from all of the informative posts on this forum.
I'm still a bit of a pipe newbie, though I did occasionally smoke cobs and (mostly) 1Q over the past several years. It's become much more of a full time endeavor over the past six months or so, with my tobacco tastes expanding. I recently self-diagnosed myself with a mild acute onset of both TAD and PAD. I bought my first three briar estate pipes on ebay this week, and I ordered a pound of my favorite blend, IRC Gourmet English, plus several tins from P&C. The pipes are a pretty good condition Mountbatten large bent billiard, an apparently very good condition Ben Wade freehand that looks like something I imagine a viking would smoke had tobacco been available in Europe at the time, and one really beat up Gefapip straight billiard so I can try my hand at a bit of restoration.
Anyhow, I've lurked here long enough and figured I would join the forum that has been most helpful and informative to me while learning how to smoke a pipe, learning about pipes, and learning about tobaccos. It's good to be able to post instead of just read! Cheers!

dottiewarden

Lifer
Mar 25, 2014
Toronto
Welcome aboard lawdawg.
I pretty well did the same thing. I spent many hours of studying up on pipe smoking before actually putting a flame to my pipe and much of that time was spent here. In fact, the reason I decided to join this particular forum was that it seemed no matter which aspect of smoking I was trying to learn about, I always ended up here.

lotharen

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 26, 2016
Welcome lawdawg!
I was a member of these forums a week or two before getting my first pipe. I found great resources here that answered my questions to a LOT of things. This site even helped my better half to accept my new hobby.
I think I know what you mean by TAD/PAD, I've been that way since picking up my first pipe. Funds prohibit my over indulgence but I drool on the pipe selling sites constantly - have to be careful it doesn't puddle on my keyboard though. O.o

Status
Not open for further replies.