Status
Not open for further replies.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Our Featured Interview on The Pipes Magazine Radio Show tonight is with Jesse Jones. Jesse is somewhat unique as a young modern pipe maker in that he favors the classic English pipe shapes, and makes them exclusively. He says; "I am of the opinion that since pipes are tools first and art second, form should follow function." In "Pipe Parts", Brian will iterate how Albert Einstein's pipe from The Smithsonian Institute's exhibit is the most popular personal effect of the famous theoretical physicist.
haven.jpg

Pipe Maker Jesse Jones

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
You guys are knocking it out of the park in the last few weeks. I've followed Jesse's work since he posted early on at another forum. I had a chance to meet him at the NOLA show, but I'd like hear his backstory.

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
If the pipe thing doesn't work out, he can always get a job as an actor or model:
kadSOvd.jpg

Dec 24, 2012
He needs a hat.
KEudjXJ.png

Seriously though, I have a few recent Chheda pipes that I believe Jesse had a hand in. They are wonderful.

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
I think the world of Jesse and Kate. They are just wonderful. I can remember buying a JJ pipe 4 years ago when we were still at the Double Tree. Three years later he made what appeared to be an identical pipe. I asked him why I should buy the new pipe when I had one identical to it. He said "this one is much better". Jesse has graduated from being "another young carver" to being one of our best carvers. I bought a baby elephant's foot pipe from him in Chicago and it is one of my favorite pipes.
Jesse has been a winner in each of the last two KC Carving Contests.

Status
Not open for further replies.