Status
Not open for further replies.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Our Featured Interview on The Pipes Magazine Radio Show tonight is with pipe maker James Gilliam. James is an American pipe maker living in Germany. He traveled the world in the Navy as a Cryptologic Technician. One day he decided to try to fix one of his pipes, and the rest is history. In Pipe Parts Brian will talk about the different cuts of tobaccos. Some of us never even think of this, and others have quite specific preferences. We will also have a Father's Day Gift Guide for pipe smokers.
james-gilliam.jpg

Pipe Maker James Gilliam

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Awesome! I met James the night before the West Coast Pipe Show. We had some Double Doubles at In-N-Out and then shared a few bowls and drinks. Great guy and a very talented carver.

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
What a truly enjoyable interview. I have a number of friends who have purchased pipes from James, and their reviews are very positive. I have to admit that I'm not a big fan of rusticated pipes, but I do like seeing carvers who choose to rusticate doing so in an appreciable style. James' pipes are easy to spot, his Speckled and Rouge finishes are well done, and unique. Thanks for taking the time to bring James to our attention.
-- Pat

Status
Not open for further replies.