PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

badlandsjay

Lurker
May 9, 2019
So I head to this place to get the cats clipped. They're running a special so I show up early and wait in line. There's a guy standing there and I'm like this dude looks like he can talk my ear off, I don't wanna BS. Ugh. Don't care. I wanna drop these f!? $ers off and go. So the guy starts yackin. At first I'm Mr short answer, after awhile he starts talking about how he's having a yard sale, and he has tons of crap layin around..yada yada. *ZAP* LIGHT BULB snaps and cracks above my head. So I wait and guide the conversation toward pipes and restorin em, whatever. After a minute when I'm mentioning it..he goes Wait, you like pipes? I got a bag full been in the cabinet over a year.SCHWING. Oh yeah dude? I'll look at em. So I follow the dude...a few hours later and 25 BUCKS. I can't find anything on the Don Roberto Marconi, the GBD Imperial is awesome. An old Linkmans Dr Grabow..
http://pipesmagazine.com/members/badlandsjay/album/picture/31877

badlandsjay

Lurker
May 9, 2019

Jan 8, 2013
So basically... you didn't want anything to do with the dude who was trying to be friendly and chat, until you found out he had something you might want. Cool.

badlandsjay

Lurker
May 9, 2019
Well, at first. That's the short story. After 20 minutes of chit chat, I was awake and conversational. The point is I showed up groggy, and ended up meeting a cool dude and finding cool stuff. So you never know. But at FIRST, I was like...grrrr. Bought a coffee table and vacuum too.

badlandsjay

Lurker
May 9, 2019
Thank You, this tablet is not cooperating at all...

And the GBD is a Conquest..a few others are Imperial..

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Sometimes the chatty people have just enjoyed a lot of coffee. I'm not innately gregarious, but when I finish my (small) pot of coffee in the morning, I get quite conversational. I'm sorry to be so chemically programmed, but so it is. It's true if you are conversational you can encounter all kinds of opportunities, and this lot of pipes worth maybe a couple hundred on ebay sold one at a time, for twenty five bucks, is a prime example. Listening is crucial, as this illustrates. The real conversational masters can sift through the information and find an excuse to cease the conversation in a seemingly cheerful way when they need to think about something else. I'm sorry I never learned that skill, but I've watched it in others and marveled at it.

badlandsjay

Lurker
May 9, 2019
Im naturally conversational. My wife marvels at it. She has social anxiety big time. And of course I didn't have my Monster yet. Had I been LOOKING, and awake and ready, nothing would of happened. I even told him later on, dude, when I showed up, I was prayin no one was talkitive.Boy am I glad you were. Ha. Anyway, when you least expect it. One day my wife dragged me into the local Restore and I did not feel like going. Sure enough, on the shelf was a pipe rack for 1.50. Decatur, holds 6 pipes. They thought it was a toothbrush holder. Anyway, got enough pipes to keep me busy, and a few I find less attractive I'll try to sell...Keep it smokey!

pepesdad1

Lifer
Feb 28, 2013
Those two metal pipes alone made it worthwhile...and a GBD as well as others...you got a steal of a deal!

Status
Not open for further replies.