PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pjm03fatboy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 26, 2011
Anyone have a nice pipe log for listing all the pipes you own ? pdf file or whatever thanks.

withnail

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 30, 2011
United Kingdom
Afraid I am rather old fashioned when it comes to "logs". I have a notebook that I make notes in when I try a new blend and at the back a page listing my pipes and when I got them.

chopz

Can't Leave
Oct 14, 2011
pipe log?
logly.jpg

romeowood

Lifer
Jan 1, 2011
The Interwebs
No log, though I do keep my tobaccos on a spreadsheet (thanks for getting me hooked on that, by the way, Lawrence!). I do keep an album on this site, which I find one of the nicer features (though mine is woefully outdated at the moment). I often fritter away hours looking at other folks' collections. Lawrence and Fred particularly have some amazing ones, definitely worth peeking at!

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
I put together a table in MS works of all the pipes I have, witha picture and a notation. Unfortunately, MS Works sucks, so it doesnt transfer well to other's computers. I keep a tobacco diary in MS Word too. AND if you have an IPAD, one can put Dropbox on the iPad and the Computer (or on a laptop if you prefer), and keep the Word document in the Dropbox file for access wherever you are! I use Quickoffice Pro on my iPad, which opens MS Word and Excel documents for editing. Dropbox wont let you edit the things.

I want to eventually transfer my Pipe log onto an Excel format so I can open it on my iPad as well.

I confess, I tried to do a spreadsheet to keep up with my pipe maintenance, but it was a bit too overwhelming.

morlader

Can't Leave
Mar 2, 2011
Cornwall UK
I am like Withnail,I have a notebook that I enter all the blends I have tried with notes af my impressions of them and list of pipes in the back.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I have an Excel log for my pipes. I can convert to PDF or email you the Excel version (don't think it is a large file). PM me if interested.

mattmars

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 13, 2011
For those of you that want to share your logs. You can use Google Docs to upload your documents from different sources and then post a link here to share.

sherlock

Can't Leave
Aug 21, 2011
A pipe and tobacco log, what a great idea! I have a list of tobacco I want to try on my word processor, but I never thought to log the tobacco I have.

tonypuff

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 27, 2011
I keep an excel file of all my pipes and what ive smoked in them..sometimes i forget what pipe has had an Aro smoked in it...would hate to have my Jack Knife Plug taste like Moontrance...

pjm03fatboy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 26, 2011
thanks all if any one has a easy file they can send so we al could use that would be great peter.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
A great suggestion Mattmars. I was not familiar with Google Docs, but quickly uploaded my Excel pipe log. You can view/copy from this link:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ApK9FT7VrzgLdGx3djRGak5fSUt3bkl3WXhXNkpNNlE
Feel free to pass on suggestions/changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.