PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

aggravatedfarmer

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 9, 2015
I have stated before that I revere the simple Ehrlich B&M pipes to be superior pipes for the price. I've often mentioned my use of Ebay. I've actually only bought one from a site sponsor two years ago. However the past few months I've been buying more and more of these smokers. I love the history of the shop, it's locations, and the real secret that the majority of blanks came from Comoy and Peterson. Pretty cool in my opinion. Buy a Pete or Comoy for less than half the price, just doesn't have the name on it.
A week prior to thanksgiving, I snagged a pipe on the Bay. A Rhodesian with a chip on its shank where it meets the stem.I posted a question on filling or banding it, in which I got many helpful responses. Though was not quite ready for a particular one.
http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/should-this-be-a-fill-or-band-fix
The pipe arrived safely to Fnord late last week. I was happy to give up my newest acquisition to a guy looking for a particular pipe for many many (not trying to make you sound old pal) years.
In my compulsive Ebay searches I found a lot of four pipes for sale at $30. Sweet deal. They appeared they needed a cleaning and a little polishing to make use. I watched the auction eagerly and never seen a bid on it. The big day came and half expecting to see the lot bid up to $40 I was astonished when there remained no bids. I set my timer on my phone. I will strike like a thief in the night. Then I get a email when I'm at the farm. A PM from Bonehead. He told me not to bid on a particular auction on Ebay, he was going to bid and left the link. The page opened to that same particular lot.
Bonehead knows my appreciation for these pipes since before a recent transaction we made together. I purchased a pipe from him and gave it the nickname "the pretty sister". A beautiful rusticated egg. We messaged a few times and I agreed to not bidding on the lot. He won the auction and only wanted a bent billiard. I would receive the other three pipes at no charge or trade. I would feel guilty, so sent him a package of Navy flakes and Vapers.
Today, the three pipes arrived and shall be known as "The Three Amigos". The lesson here is that there is such a thing as good Karma. That Pipe Smokers (pipers, if you will) are literally the most generous group of people I've encountered. I've received samples of tobacco from Deathmetal and Oldreddog. Which is very generous of anyone to give up any little bit of their stock to another person. Three pipes are an exceptional act of generosity.
I would like to personally thank every member of the forum that was here before my joining for setting superb examples of generosity and karma. The new guys (and gals) such as myself don't join for trading, we join to talk about our hobby, habit, or obsession. Whichever you may prefer!

aggravatedfarmer

Sep 9, 2015
Download-File

bonehed

Nov 27, 2014
Hmm... didn't (look) notice... could be though. Couldn't find much info on the 'T' either. Anyway - glad they made it and hope you enjoy! The bent billiard performs very well, I'd imagine the amigos will as well!

Status
Not open for further replies.