PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jon39

Might Stick Around
Dec 16, 2013
I was wondering if anyone could tell me anything about a pipe that's marked Prince of Wales handmade on the side and Italy on the bottom the stem has an x on it like the Scotttish flag.

spud

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 10, 2013
P of W is one of my favorite pipes, all of them. All of mine are very good smokers. Thanks vigil for the link to pipepedia.

jon39

Might Stick Around
Dec 16, 2013
Thanks for responding, I looked at that on Wikipedia before and saw the info about the x for the Scotish flag I just was confused about it being on a pipe marked Italy. I thought the Scottish flag mark was only on English made pipes

irish

Lifer
Aug 12, 2011
Texas
I have one Prince of Whales that is an excellent smoker. I always tell people the little flag on the side is the Southern Rebel flag :worship:

jon39

Might Stick Around
Dec 16, 2013
This is only the second pipe I've bought the first is complete garbage i like this one as for the x i think I'll stick with saying it's the Scottish flag. Thanks for the help guys

petes03

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
The Hills of Tennessee
image67-596x600.jpg

I only have one myself, it's the one on the bottom in this pic. As far as I know, they are a GBD sub-brand. Mine is a large, well built pipe that smokes like a champ! It's a little on the heavy side for clenching, especially since it has a Lucite stem, which is not quite as comfortable as vulcanite, but I only clench about 50% of the time anyway. I bought mine as an estate for about $25, a steal in my opinion!

petes03

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
The Hills of Tennessee
image68-550x600.jpg

In case you were wondering what the other two are;

the top one is a Lorenzo R-10, and the middle on is an Israeli no-name spot carved Canadian, which is marked with an "X" on top of the stem.

jon39

Might Stick Around
Dec 16, 2013
Thanks for showing me. The one I have is large also and I believe the stem is lucite. I bought it on eBay for about 25 bucks. I like it but it's hard to clench to. It's definitely a step up from the pipe I was using I'll try to post a pic of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.