Status
Not open for further replies.

unkinjoe

Lurker
Sep 12, 2018
pipe.jpg

Can someone help ID this pipe?

Dec 24, 2012
I think based on another thread started by the OP that the pic is of his Father's pipe and he is trying to ID the pipe. Suspect he has no more information than that.

unkinjoe

Lurker
Sep 12, 2018
LOL yes this picture is from about 54 or 55 years ago. Dad had been smoking 3 packs of winstons for 20 years or so and started with a pipe to get off of the cigarettes. I have no idea what happened to the pipe and as far as I know this is the only picture of it. I had been leaning on it being a medico from what searching I have been able to do and knowing he had a friend that owned a drug store about this time. I do know he was a working man and would not have spent much money on a fancy pipe.

unkinjoe

Lurker
Sep 12, 2018
Found a nice medico on flebay last night, it's not a dublin like dads but looks like a nice one to restore.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Just for nomenclature, that's probably a briar. The shape seems to be a Dublin, conical. The stem is straight not bent, and tapered. If it is Medico, it should be stamped with that and also should be designed to accept a 6 mm paper filter which is still available. Medico would be a standard working man's pipe, nothing fancy but durable.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
...sorry, you don't have the pipe, just the photo. It's been a long day. Medico sounds likely.

Status
Not open for further replies.