PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
For those of you who don't know I am a youth pastor. I have been in the same church for 6 years and have watched many kids grow up into adulthood. In that time one of my kids has been a huge blessing to me. He has the heart of a servant and if I ever need a hand with anything he will come help even at a moments notice. He turned 18 last year and just graduated high school, also very cool for me he expressed an interest in smoking a pipe. It is no secret that this is one of my hobbies. He expressed the interest last year when he turned 18 but since he was still in school we thought it best for him to wait. I, however, secretly began making him a pipe. We got together yesterday and I presented him with his graduation gift, a 3 day pipe set. First was a little bent 1971 Peterson bent bulldog, Second was a Rossi Tulip with blue acrylic stem, and Third was a handmade pipe made especially for him. I had him come over one day and I had laid out my whole pipe collection. I asked him which pipes he liked best and the three he picked up were all large Danish style freehands, so that is what I made for him. The pipe is actually very large, the bowl depth is about 2.25 inches deep. The stem is cut from German Cumberland. Below are the pics.
Some pics of the pipe.

One of me with the finished pipe in the shop.

One of me and my new pipe disciple and his handmade Shain original.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I like the mass of that briar combined with balance. I bet your young friend will have that for a lifetime.

settersbrace

Lifer
Mar 20, 2014
He will certainly cherish that for the duration of his spin on this rock. That's a great gift and now the two of you can share a smoke from time to time.

Jan 4, 2015
Massachusetts
There is no gift more precious that one that involves effort on the part of the giver. Beautiful work and a wonderful gesture. You are to be commended on your thoughtfulness and your obvious skill.

ericthered

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 29, 2014
Suffolk, VA
Very cool! Probably the best graduation present that young man received! Keep up the Good work!
Bonus points if he ends up going to VA Tech. The color combination of the stain reminds me of their school colors.

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
A very nice pipe and an equally nice gesture on your part. Well done! :clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.