PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mirain

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 5, 2011
I came across this image this morning while enjoying my favorite French roast and a bowl of Eric Nording's Fox Hound and had to chuckle. I've never seen nor heard of such an invention and wondered 'What's the point?"
Seeing that it is pipe related I figured why not post it.

pipe-for-two_zpsb7d259d1.jpg

The caption that accompanied the photo follows:

Dual piping existed for reasons virtually unknown (one article suggested it was for use in sporting events, others say it was for conserving tobacco), but what we do know is that it looked awfully silly. The photograph above is likely an exaggeration of the complications of this practice, but it’s certainly a hint as to the awkward nature of the pipe for two.

locopony

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 7, 2011
The weird has always existed. By no means were such things main stream or even popular. For some reason we tend to find these anomalies and try to place them as common.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
That is pretty weird. I cannot come up with a logical reason for wanting to smoke like that. That bowl must heat up so fast with two people smoking off it. No way can that be an enjoyable smoke.

radio807

Can't Leave
Nov 26, 2011
New Jersey
It should have been a guy and a girl, as in sharing a soda with two straws. That must have been an underground photo...those guys were certainly not mainstream in their day!

4dotsasieni

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 6, 2013
Looks like the guy on the low end is getting all the bitter tars and gunk! :laughat:

Aug 14, 2012
Although it reminds me of the double dildos used by some gay women, it is probably the antecedent of the current group waterpipes.

dlattim

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 27, 2012
Hey Teddy, that picture brings a whole new meaning to "clencher" :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.