PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mojoe

Might Stick Around
Jan 6, 2015
Kansas City
About the same time I received a few ebay boxes of estate pipes to fill a display cabinet, I happened to read Dave's post about restoring a few pipes this winter......I think I might have the restoration bug now. Most of the pipes I received were not great, and will work nicely for "décor". However, there was a very very lightly smoked Dr Grabow Duke and an R Gasparini Voyageur in nice shape. The Duke appears to just need the stem polished a bit, and the Voyageur needs only a bit more work....I'm thinking the Voyageur will be my first restoration project, and I'll plan to turn it into a "user". I received about a dozen pipes in all, a couple corn cobs, a couple stamped "imported briar" only, a few other odds/ends, and one carved from a white-ish stone material....maybe meerschaum???? Anyhow, here is a pic of the Voyageur.....time to start researching!
joe
tumblr_njf38phWe41s72xabo1_540.jpg

khartman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 6, 2015
That's a good looking pipe, hopefully not much to the restoration before you can start enjoying it!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Look at the bowl on that baby! Ample is the word. Have fun with that one. I predict,

better than new.

mojoe

Might Stick Around
Jan 6, 2015
Kansas City
Ample is correct.....I did a little google image search, and the bowl on this pipe looks bigger then most of those I saw of the same brand. Just picked up some buffing wheels, so I guess we'll see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.