Pipe Friendly Bar in Gettysburg/Harrisburg?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dustmite

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 5, 2015
Not sure of the Harrisburg area, but about a 45 minute drive from there is the Cigars International store with bars and lounges. It's also right next door to Cabela's, if you have any interest in outdoor activities, it's well worth the visit.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
There is a small cigar shop in downtown Gettysburg. I doubt you can smoke in a bar in PA but there may be some with outdoor patios that will allow smoking.
The Dobbin House is an excellent place to eat, they may allow cigars at the bar, I can't recall. Heres a list of outdoor dining venues:

http://www.destinationgettysburg.com/places-to-eat/outdoor-dining.asp
The Fairfield Inn, on that list has a outdoor porch. I think that I recall folks smoking there (food is also excellent).
Cigars International is really excellent, if you are traveling via I-78 (its a fair clip from Gettysburg).
Have fun!

doctorbob

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 18, 2014
Grand Ledge, Michigan
Thanks dustmite and Al, I found a list on the state government website of bars that have an indoor exemption allowing smoking (although some probably won't allow cigar/pipe smoking). I am in town to celebrate with my closest friend of 25 years who also happens to be my future brother in law. He is a cigar man, so we want to spend at least one evening drinking and puffing.

bigjohn

Lurker
Aug 17, 2014
Boswells Pipe Shop is just down the road. No booze, but don't come to Gettysburg without stopping in to see JM.

Status
Not open for further replies.