PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

whitecloud

Lurker
Sep 13, 2010
This was so bizarre that I had to find out how to post a picture so I could share this! I was visiting my wife's cousins in VA. They took us on a trip to visit Boone, NC. Now, I have looked at flea markets for years and have only found a few pipes that looked like they had been thru a fire - well. I walked into an antique store and just 20 ft. in the door I saw a rusticated Oom Paul and I poped it off the pipe rack and gave it a look. Very nice, just my style and it was fairly large and at $9.95 I was pleased with the find. I needed some magnification to see the name and since I had never heard of Aaron Beck I decided to go look on the internet to see what I could find. My mouth dropped open and I did some more searches just to be almost sure that I wasn't fooling myself. I'ma, I'ma, I'ma, I'ma....holy crap. I did read one post that the writer titled, "I finally bought myself a really nice pipe". Well, I'm a happy boy and will be for a long time to come! It just so happened that I picked up a penny in the street just two days before. So, keep your eye out for pennies 'cause I'm a believer now! Feast your eyes on this one.
BeckA.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.