PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

super8mm

Might Stick Around
Dec 15, 2013
I received a new pipe for Christmas from the wife, the only number on box is P-2839, no markings on the pipe and it is a filtered pipe. I did a half bowl in it today and it was ok, bowl maybe got a bit hot even though I took my time with it. I do like this fit of this in my hand. With this a gift from the wife I will go ahead and smoke it as now it is only #3 in my rotation.
In searching I dont find any manfactures name for it and all it says for the filter is that "Comes with Big Ben-style filter".
My problem is I can't find what size the Big Ben filters are, the ridge around one ened is .36 which is close to 9mm, is that the proper place to take the measurement?
Thanks

Big Bens are 9mm. You can use any 9mm with it. I prefer the Stanwell charcoals in my one pipe that uses a 9mm. I found a deal on Amazon for 300 of them for about $40. I use them twice after letting it dry out really well. It does give me a very cool dry smoke that I enjoy. However, I don't usually look for a filtered pipe.

Enjoy!! and Merry Christmas!

super8mm

Might Stick Around
Dec 15, 2013
Thanks Michael, it is a cool smoke compared to my Peterson but was not sure if it is because it is a Churchwarden, the filter or both.
This pipe will let my try filtered vs non filtered too
Merry Christmas to you too

petes03

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
The Hills of Tennessee
I have several "filter" pipes, both 6mm and 9mm, and I much prefer them without the filters! I feel that I get much smoother smokes without the filters in the pipes. I don't even use the adapters! Any new "filter pipe" I buy immediately has the filter removed and thrown in the trash! YMMV!

super8mm

Might Stick Around
Dec 15, 2013
Thanks petes03, I figured I would try several bowls of filtered and then some unfiltered and see what the difference is.

05venturer

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
Amery,WI
I have a couple 9mm pipes and like them with a filter. I use Vauen Dr Perl filters in mine.

My 6mm pipes I use balsa filters.

Status
Not open for further replies.