Status
Not open for further replies.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Our Featured Interview on The Pipes Magazine Radio Show tonight is with multi-talented Pipe Designer and marketer, Jayson Dagner. Jayson has an Engineering degree, has worked in the auto and power industries, is a former skateboarder, and has his own line of pipes priced for the working man. In Pipe Parts Brian will talk about his idiosyncrasies as a pipe smoker—how particular he is about types of pipes, how he likes to light his pipe, pipe cleaners, tobaccos, moisture level, etc.
jason-dagner.jpg

zack24

Lifer
May 11, 2013
Jayson should be entertaining- I always like running into him at shows...

tobyducote

Lifer
Jun 10, 2012
New Orleans
Can't wait to hear this one...these guys are really nice guys, a lot crazy..but in a good fun way...looking forward to the interview

beastkhk

Can't Leave
Feb 3, 2015
Double Post!
I jest with my earlier comment, while their Youtube videos are colorful they do strike me as the kind of personalities that will be professional when it comes to business time.
Edit: :) at least I hope so, otherwise may contract some carpal tunnel hitting the button that makes the "BLEEP" sound

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
So, is this program available NOW? I've gone to the Radios tab and the last one posted is last week's with Wayne Tiepen.

I know it's supposed to start @ 6:00, but I never seem to be able to access it till the next day.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
It's per-recorded, though, right Brian? Or can I listen to a live interview accessed from the Radio Show tab @ 8:00 Eastern time?

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
Really enjoyed the show. Very interesting to get to know Jason through this. Met him in Chicago and thought he was cool. I would buy a Dagner and may in the future.

settersbrace

Lifer
Mar 20, 2014
The discussion on air flow perked my ears up a bit, maybe this isn't just another you tube sensation with a beard. It seemed to me that there's more to this pipe maker than many will give credit too. I will be watching closely and Jayson's attitude toward the "Everyman" price points is refreshing and brilliant at the same time. Better get in on the ground floor with Dagner pipes because I predict a quick rise to pipe making stardom.

jackswilling

Lifer
Feb 15, 2015
"...there's more to this pipe maker than many will give credit too."
His life story was most interesting. He was/is a skater who was/is a motorhead/fabricator and worked his way up the ladder at a power plant. His major injury and survival and recovery and rehabilitation are remarkable. I was impressed by him in the interview, and as a harsh critic of his YouTube videos, I would go back and edit my posts, not because I think the videos are meritorious, but because both he and his pipes are the real deal.

rblood

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 2, 2015
Interesting guy and great interview. He seems like a very focused young man who knows what he wants and goes after it. I have a feeling he is going be a force in the pipe community for quite some time to come.

rolldog

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 4, 2013
Great show, first time I listened in, even though I have been on this board for about 2 years now. I enjoy watching the Dagners, found them 3 years ago on a Google search and haven't looked back. As much as I thought I knew about Jayson, I still learned something new. The fact that he has a spinal injury, a compressed L5, with permanent nerve damage just like me...well it forged an unexpected new connection.

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Another great interview. It was nice to hear a bit more of Jayson's background and life story. I've only heard good things about the pipes. Hoping he and the pipes are at the West Coast Show in November.

cornleader

Might Stick Around
Mar 8, 2015
Great show. I've watched many presenters on youtube including the Dagners. I have one of his Series 2 pokers enroute from BC. Can't wait! I've watched almost every one of the Dagner's videos and they have really turned me on to other hand made designers. I find their video honest and the real deal. Very entertaining. Once again, great show.

Dec 24, 2012
I enjoyed the interview. He is likable guy. I will admit I was a little suspicious at first about the whole Dagner thing, but I am coming around.
This video on their visit to Copenhagen and the Tom Eltang shop was interesting.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGWJPqthNfY

Status
Not open for further replies.