PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

rosney

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 12, 2012
This may have been discussed before but I couldn't find it anywhere. I have been smoking for a little while now and early on I decided it would be cool to make my own pipes so I started to draw up designs for pipes that I liked. Since I have decided that I don't need to add another hobby to my already busy life. Here I am now with these designs that I would still like to see come to life. Has anybody else designed their own pipe and sent it to a maker? If so who? Also if there are any makers on here that have good craftsmanship but have a hard time coming up with ideas I would be willing to share what I have. Thanks for the input. Jake

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
rosney, there are many pipe makers who will work with you and make you a pipe from your own design. I have pipes commissioned for me and while I do not come up with the shape exactly, I do ask for my pipes to be certain shapes, sizes, colors, weights, bowl sizes, types of stems and the like. My favorite artisan is Rad Davis, he makes some of the best pipes available on the market. He can be reached at his website, http://www.raddavispipes.com/

rosney

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 12, 2012
Thank you for the link cigrmaster. I have heard of him before but don't know if I could afford a custom made pipe by him. Although I guess a custom made pipe from anyone won't be cheap and that shouldn't be my goal anyway. I guess I was thinking of a hobbyist that is looking for some ideas.

seamusjft

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 16, 2012
Hi rosney. This is a bit cheeky but if ya don't as y'all never know........ I'm starting out hobby making pipes. If you have any simple designs you'd like to share/trade I'd appreciate it. I'm a compete novice to the extent I've not done woodwork since school at 14!

dragonslayer

Lifer
Dec 28, 2012
Pittsburgh
@cigrmaster Todd does some great and varied work, plus seems to love to talk about pipe making! I think he's going to be top on the list for brain picking when I start my venture down the "make your own" pipes. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.