PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

05venturer

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
Amery,WI
I imagine someone on here probably does something like this already but I thought I would share this anyway. I use a wine cork cut in 1/2 to keep the baccy in my pipe and not my pocket when I load up before heading out or when I smoke a partial bowl. Works great and free if you or your wife is a wine drinker. :roll:
2013-02-05110159_zpsd3c5da5d.jpg

rev413

Might Stick Around
Jan 10, 2013
Lol I only use one when I have a half bowl. My significant other don't like the smell of the ashes that are still in the bowl after being tamped.

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
I usually just take the 5 seconds out of my day and dump everything in the bowl if matters turn urgent enough that I would have to be separated from the pipe.
Neat idea though.

Jan 8, 2013
I do the same thing, and I'm a noobie lol. Just trimmed a wine cork down a bit so it would fit snug in the pipe. I'll pack my pipe sometimes before I head to work and then it's ready to go for the journey home. Or if I'm needing to save my pipe for later I'll do the same.

rayje589

Can't Leave
Nov 28, 2012
O_O are you a wizard? I've never thought of this but will most certainly be doing this from now on should I go out. I've always been worried about the tobacco spilling in my pocket.

flyguy

Lifer
Nov 20, 2012
I usually us my wind cap to do the same thing but it comes off easily and spills tobacco in my pocket. I like your idea better. Thanks!

crpntr1

Lifer
Dec 18, 2011
Texas
I always just load char light and tamp..never had any problems..but then when I was a kid I kept lizards frogs and all kinds of stuff in there

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
I love this string.

Just imagine....

Imparting wisdom to a fellow pipe smoker by telling him to....

"Put a cork in it." :rofl:

:puffy:
T minus ONE

buster

Lifer
Sep 1, 2011
I just use a wind cap. I also gave up beer for wine as a resolution and have lost 7 pounds so far! I save and toss a wine cork into the ash tray for a knocker. When it gets dirty, I toss it and put a new one in its place. :puffy:

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Along those lines, but probably not enough to start a separate topic, a champagne cork makes a good pipe knocker

glued to the bottom of an inexpensive ash try or any inexpensive (or priceless?) fireproof dish with high sides.

If you don't want to glue it, you can just hold it with one hand and knock the pipe with the other. Or if you can

drill a neat hole in the bottom of the dish without cracking it, a screw will hold the cork in place. A champagne

cork is especially suited because it has that flared base and rounded top. You don't need to knock the pipe

hard, just enough to knock out the loose pieces after you've cleared the bowl with a pipe nail or tool.

Status
Not open for further replies.