PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tuold

Lifer
Oct 15, 2013
Beaverton,Oregon
I walked into my local antique shop the other day. As soon as the owner sees me come in, she pulls out a shopping bag full of pipes from under the counter. She told me they came from a recent estate sale she attended. I choose the two Masterson freehand pipes and the WDC Wellington. There were some others I didn't recognize, but I'll go back for those later. I normally get my estates there for $8.00, but she charged me a two dollar fee per pipe for saving them for me =)
I also choose a nice Kaywooding flame grain bulldog but I think I ruined it trying to square the stem in the shank. That will be a separate post in the "Pipe Repair and Maintenance" section.
The metal pipe I bought as an estate from Smokingpipes.com. It's unstamped, but I believe it was made by the Waldorf Pipe Company of Chicago, Illinois and was called a Bon Aire. That's according smokingmetal.com.
All of these will go into the rotation shortly.
N9GQJqt.jpg

tuold

Lifer
Oct 15, 2013
Beaverton,Oregon
Where did you say this antique shop is?
I don't think I did say! It's somewhere in Oregon....in SW Portland.....
The proprietress told me pipe sales always pick up around Halloween. I find that fact to be a little disturbing. It means those "costume" pipes are either going to be tossed out afterwards or turn up on the estate market again 25 years from now.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
The stems are worth that much. Nice score. The pipes may not be 'cute' or 'classic' but they might be the best you've ever smoked.

Status
Not open for further replies.