PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

eaglerico

Lifer
Jan 8, 2011
Is there an easy way to find local pipe clubs? I live in Houston and other then hanging out with the old guys at the tobacco shop I can't find anything. I would like to get face time with another individual on pipe smoking. New to the pipe world and just feel out of place at the shop with the pros.

flylot

Might Stick Around
Dec 17, 2010
Hey! We old guys in Houston aren't that bad are we? There is an informal club that meets at Serious Cigars on Richmond. You might ask Miguel or Mark at the shop on who to contact.

flylot

Might Stick Around
Dec 17, 2010
Noh, none taken. I was just "funin' " you a bit. Old guy are like that, yeah they are! :wink:

yoru

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 5, 2011
Hell I don't even have the old-timers to knock around with anymore since I moved to the DFW area -- I know there has to be one somehwere in this metroplex, but no in any of the suburbs I've made it to on the occasional 'hunting' run for one.

buck67

Can't Leave
Aug 4, 2010
Little Rock
I guess I'm lucky. My next door neighbor loves to smoke a pipe. He invited me over yesterday evening to smoke and drink some Irish Coffee on the front porch while the snow was falling. Not sure of any pipe clubs around here in central Arkansas but there are always a few guys at the local B&M. I don't get in there very often though.

ulsterpaddy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 22, 2010
Theres one here in Vancouver. Im looking at the website but don't know if its for me yet.

tanless1

Sep 14, 2010
DFW ? How's the selection at Spec's ; or are they strictly cigars ?

igloo

Lifer
Jan 17, 2010
woodlands tx
Specs is cigars and booze . I live in the woodlands north of Houston so Richmond is quite the drive about 50 miles . The Briar Shoppe is at Kirby and Rice . Up north we have The Woodlands fine Cigars , he has pipe tobacco , but Mike the owner is so rude that I will not spend my money there .I would rather drive the 50 miles .

patiobum

Nov 5, 2009
Baytown,Texas
Mike the owner is so rude that I will not spend my money there .I would rather drive the 50 miles .
I visited that shop several years ago when it was named McCoys and wondered if the owner was just rude that day. I see now that he's rude everyday. :wink:
I live in Baytown so it's close to 50 miles to Serious cigars on Richmand. :cry:

eaglerico

Lifer
Jan 8, 2011
Seems there are a lot of us in the greater Houston area. I live in Katy and work in The Woodlands so driving somewhere is not a big issue for me. Almost sounds like we need to organize something.

Status
Not open for further replies.