PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pipingnate

Lurker
Mar 26, 2015
Just turned 18 the other day and looking to get into pipe smoking. The Internet is a great tool but nothing beats getting taught in person by someone...looking for a pipe club to join in the area. I'm over in Syracuse!

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Welcome to the forum, it's good to have some young faces. I travel up thru Syracuse and unfortunately, I'm not familar with any pipe clubs in that region. Albany has a new club starting at Park Lane. Rochester may have a shop with a group, but I don't quite travel that far West in NY, so I haven't investigated that possibility.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
Smoker's Haven in West Senneca is a nice pipe shop and usually has a bunch of pipers hanging around. They also make some very nice pipes.
http://smokershavenwny.com/

pipingnate

Lurker
Mar 26, 2015
We have a number of members from the Non-NYC regions of New York, hopefully someone will pipe up.
You have no idea how much I love puns.
it's good to have some young faces
Gotta keep the hobby alive! Oddly enough my grandfather didn't smoke, father doesn't smoke, only person I "know" that smokes a pipe is revolving around the LotR saga...weird.
Theres the NY Pipe Club in the city that meets down in the village and thats the only one I know about.
I'm not in the city frequent enough to attend any meetings or pay into dues. I go maybe once a year (would gladly stop in a join in smoking a bowl with them though!).
Smoker's Haven in West Senneca is a nice pipe shop and usually has a bunch of pipers hanging around. They also make some very nice pipes.
2 hours is quite the long drive...will definitely hit them up if I'm ever out near Buffalo visiting my cousin but otherwise far too far.
Thanks for everyone's feedback so far, excited to hear more! First tobacco blends should be getting in tomorrow, if not then definitely Monday. Never had much experience with tobacco so I hope I enjoy it.

schaum

Might Stick Around
Aug 8, 2014
I think you're out of luck for finding a pipe club anywhere around Syracuse. Maybe give "Rockys Cigars" a call and see if they have any information,,,or start one yourself. An ad in the Newtimes might stir up some interest.

pipingnate

Lurker
Mar 26, 2015
I think you're out of luck for finding a pipe club anywhere around Syracuse. Maybe give "Rockys Cigars" a call and see if they have any information,,,or start one yourself. An ad in the Newtimes might stir up some interest.
Looking like I'll need to try and start one up. That'll be too much planning for the moment as I try to get into the hobby, attend classes and do the homework, work, and balance other hobbies. Who knows what summer shall bring...

Status
Not open for further replies.