Pipe Clubs / Get- Togethers In Or Near Edmonton, Canada?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pipenscotch

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 19, 2012
Hey all, so I've been smoking a pipe now for a little bit, and while I'm seriously enjoying the hobby, I've yet to smoke my pipe with other pipe smokers. I think the comradeship of smoking a pipe with fellow pipe smokers is something that must be experienced by everyone in the hobby.
So I was wondering if anyone knows of any pipe clubs/get-togethers that occur in or around Edmonton, Canada? For those that live near or in the city, maybe we should set one up? I've yet to smoke indoors (not including my car), and I'd love to meet fellow pipe smokers in the area.

sasquatch

Lifer
Jul 16, 2012
There's a few around. I don't know if you can smoke in any public places in Edmonton - can't in Calgary except private clubs. Makes it tough to do a weekly or monthly get together (and having 5 or 6 pipes smoldering requires serious ventilation). You're welcome to drop by here if you ever wander south of Red Deer. I got pipes and Scotch!

Dec 24, 2012
Todd, I didn't even know you were a Canuck. Living in Red Deer, I hope to God you are an Oiler fan and not a Flame fan.

slownumbers39

Can't Leave
Jul 29, 2012
pipesnscotch
There is a club / group in Edmonton. Contact Chris or Aaron at Burlington on Whyte and I am sure they will assist.
Regards

BB
X2 I was going to suggest Burlington on Whyte as the place to check with on a pipe club; if anyone knows, it should be them.
If there is none around, perhaps we should start an Alberta based pipe club. I live in Red Deer if that helps anyone. Would be willing to get together with others and smoke a bowl or three when it warms up ..... or an indor venue is found.

slownumbers39

Can't Leave
Jul 29, 2012
Wondering if the OP or anyone has contacted Burlington on Whyte for information on Edmoonton or Alberta pipe clubs or any organization of pipe smokers?

Status
Not open for further replies.