PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

rblood

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 2, 2015
As much as I enjoy hanging out with internet pipe friends, I really miss not having any like minded pipers to hang out with face to face.
The Sherlock Holmes Pipe Club of Charlotte seems to be completely inactive, as several emails to have gone unanswered and a call to there listed meeting place yeilded a "never heard of them".
So, the question is, are there any active pipe clubs near Charlotte? Any informal meet-ups short of having a club in the area?
Frankly, I would be willing to help get a "club" started in the area if I could find folks willing to help get it rolling.

Sep 27, 2012
Upland, CA.
Damn too bad I moved away to CA... I lived over by the speedway, basically on the edge of Cabarrus county and Charlotte/Meck, had a little speck of land out there. .. but alas Im now in souther Ca. and pretty much in the same boat as you. :|

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
Contact Roderigo, he'll know anything pipe related in the area. Super nice guy to.
http://www.treasurepipes.net/contact-us.html

rblood

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 2, 2015
Small world, captain - I am only a mile or so from the speedway in Concord. PM me if you are ever in the area. We can stage a take-over in the McCranies cigar lounge. :)

rblood

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 2, 2015
Thanks hunter, good idea. I stop in McCranie's regularly and will ask next time I am in. In spite of the decent selection of pipes and pipe tobacco they have, surprisingly, I have yet to run into another pipe smoker in the shop either. Plenty of cigar smokers, pipers no.

duffy

Lurker
Jul 4, 2016
10 Month Bump - but I'm in Charlotte (Waxhaw, actually) and would love to get together with some fellow pipe smokers. Anyone interested?

basil

Might Stick Around
Nov 17, 2013
We have a Pipe meeting the third Sunday of each month at 1PM at JR Cigars in Mooresville. You're more than welcome to join us.

duffy

Lurker
Jul 4, 2016
We have a Pipe meeting the third Sunday of each month at 1PM at JR Cigars in Mooresville. You're more than welcome to join us.
I'd love to take you up on it! I'll try and make it there on the 16th of this month. Thanks!

hotwings326

Lurker
Jul 8, 2016
@Duffy, I'm also in Waxhaw, NC and would be interested in a meet up. My scheduled is pretty packed for the next few weeks being that the kids off of school, but at some point maybe a meet up at McCranie's?

duffy

Lurker
Jul 4, 2016
@hotwings326 That'd be great! I unfortunately missed the meet today, a shame we'll have to wait a month for the next one. I noticed Crossroads has a McCranies sticker from back in the day - always willing to enjoy a pipe with some coffee if you'd like.

Status
Not open for further replies.