PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sailorjeremy

Can't Leave
Feb 25, 2014
Virginia
Had a little extra free time and I figured since I'll be back in VA in the next few months I might as well get started on forming up a pipe club. There's a few VA Beach/Norfolk people around here so I figured I'd get the word out early. Now, I'm no designer by any means. I just do this as a hobby, but I'd like your thoughts. Of course you don't have to be from the area.

A little background on Hampton Roads, VA. It is very rich in Naval and Maritime history. Most of the local economy revolves around its shipyards, government contracting, and cargo shipping via the Chesapeake Bay. The Navy has a huge presence in the are so a sailor seemed to suit the logo well. The design in the background is the Hampton Roads regional flag.

nkourilo

Might Stick Around
May 21, 2014
Nice logo. Seems to perfectly incorporate all the important elements plus, as papipeguy wrote, it would look great on a shirt. Nice work.

sidious

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 30, 2014
Well done! I'm wondering how it might look if you colored in the pipe and possibly the hat. Just a thought.

rolldog

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 4, 2013
Spot on and original. It also focuses more on the smoker than a pipe or too, which I like. Pipe clubs are about people, not just pipes. Well done.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Would the pipe smokers who served in other branches complain? You could ask. For graphic design, this looks good.

sailorjeremy

Can't Leave
Feb 25, 2014
Virginia
Would the pipe smokers who served in other branches complain? You could ask.
Hmm... Good point. I don't think that anyone would complain. But I can see how a person might not be able to relate. I'm still planning on doing some other designs so we'll see.

stbruno70

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 9, 2013
Very striking design.
If Hampton Roads is, as you say, a Navy town, then featuring a sailor is surely appropriate.
We at the Golden Gate Pipe Club just went through a similar exercise in designing our logo.
You have the advantage of first mover, as your club does not yet exist. We had to go through various meetings and votes before we agreed on our logo.
Good luck to you and your future pipe club.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I think you nailed the Hampton Roads pipe culture!
Here's our Winchester (VA) club logo, simple but I think it works.
1510679_10100296900007181_1971335397_n.jpg

smeigs

Lifer
Jun 26, 2012
good lookin logo. We have been messing around with some logos for the Albuquerque pipe club as well. Well done.

andystewart

Lifer
Jan 21, 2014
I really like it - clean and modern with all the info you need right there. It has the benefit of looking quite young and sporty, which is attractive, and - like the others - will stand the test of time. I wish there were more pipe clubs in the UK and they made the effort you guys do!
Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.