PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

danb77

Lurker
Sep 19, 2017
Does anyone store their pipes/tobaccos in a closet? This would be a great solution to my storage question. Not sure if there would be proper air flow tho? Has anyone tried this? Its a small closet maybe 5 x 3

mackeson

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 29, 2016
Tobacco in the clothes closet. Pipes in the open. I think the airflow/amount of air in the closet would be fine for the pipes, I just don't want to make my clothes smell any more like burnt tobacco than they already do

scrooge

Lifer
Apr 24, 2015
BBxSf5f.jpg

works fine!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I think some air flow for pipes is good. Even inside a pipe cabinet in an open room, there is a bit of air exchange if not flow. Tobacco on the other hand probably does fine in a tighter enclosure.

puffy

Lifer
Dec 24, 2010
North Carolina
I put some plastic shelving in a closet.Pipes in the open on a shelf.Tobacco in air tight containers on another shelf,It works just fine.

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
I clean and rest my pipes in the open, but store them in pistol cases. I have a room in the basement that is too full of booze, guns, pipes, and tobacco to photograph at the moment, but that is where I keep the stuff. Need to organize, but I am always so busy.

danb77

Lurker
Sep 19, 2017
Awesome news! This is a closet with only storage boxes and no clothes so no issues there. Was just worried about the pipes staying moist nd not drying properly. Thanx for answers. Gonna go make me a pipe closet.

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
I have a lot pints in cases atop each other in 3 5' stacks, and tins in 7 or 8 boxes inn the living room. Pipes in racks on the table.

nevadablue

Lifer
Jun 5, 2017
Where do you live? As in, how wet or dry is the air there? It would be relatively easy to add a small ventilation fan (computer fan or similar) to ventilate the closet if you need to. Where I live (high desert in Nevada) the air is so dry... Oh, that is another joke. It is dry here. No problem with pipes inside closets or cabinets. I like to see them though. Open racks...

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
My living room closet is where all of my tobacco and pipes stay when not in use. Perfect storage place for them.

Jan 8, 2013
My pipes stay out in the open where I can see them on the racks. As do my open tins. But most of my unopened tins, and jarred bulk tobacco is in a closet.

Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
Scrooge... all those mason jars just sitting there empty and not yet reaching their tobacco storage potential. Such a shame. LOL
I keep my pipes and tobacco in a glass door cabinet in my shop. It works perfect for me. It makes for a nice display when I have visitors or for me when I want to admire my collection. Keeping the pipes in the cabinet also helps keep the dust off them.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
I keep my pipes in the open, in plain view, and at arm's length ready for action on impulse.

The tobacco is stored well out of sight of Mrs. Cortez (aka Shoe Lady), lest she discover the true extent of my TAD. :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.