PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

renostarman

Lurker
Jun 9, 2018
I'm wondering --and I always have--WHY would anyone in their right mind drill a pipe stem that is to small to pass a pipe cleaner through it? And I'm NOT referring to a little "toy" type sized pipe-but a full sized-or even a large size bowl and then fit it with such a small stem.

I hate having to get out the needle nose pliers to feed a cleaner through the stem.

B18

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 27, 2015
I know what you mean. I bought a few pipes which the slots were so thin i couldn't insert a lean pipecleaner.

I had to file the slots a bit to open it up.
But i think that factory pipes with bad slots is just poor quality standards or control.

And Artsian slots are abit different. I think the artisans who make too thin slots, only use extra thin (to what is available to them) pipecleaners and use that as a refrence point for their slots.

The older artisans maybe don't have the hand stability to make better slots (assumption) or it's what they were taught.

bnichols23

Lifer
Mar 13, 2018
SC Piedmont
If you think that's bad, reno, wait till you hit a bite-proof! But yeah, know what you mean -- some of mine, if I'm going to get a cleaner (always bristle for me) through the stem, I have to start from the tenon. And sometimes doesn't work even then. }:( I has an annoyed.

Status
Not open for further replies.