PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 18, 2013
Well yesterday I decided to clean one of my pipes with whiskey. Gave it a good cleaning from the bowl and shaft. Today after it had dryed a whole day I decided to use it. Well let me tell you the taste that I got was amazing, I have a mix of a Vanilla and a kali tobacco that I use with that pipe. The tobacco never tasted so good. Anyone here ever use whiskey to clean their pipes??

piperl12

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 7, 2012
Yep, its the only thing I use freddy I always have a bottle of Bushmills laying around. I have even tried spraying some bushmills on some mild viginia tobacco and it gives it a nice flavour. If you have a foodsaver system that you can pump the air out and seal the whisky in with the tobacco the flavour seems to last longer.

Reactions: southernbriar

acaciavet

Lurker
Sep 8, 2009
I have been cleaning my Pipes for years with Moonshine for the deep clean and Rum in between to keep it fresh.
Up Spirits

Chuck

Reactions: radrick96

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
It's one reason I reccommend whiskey over everclear for ghosts and funny pre-carb taste. Everclear is the best for regular cleaning, but whiskey adds a little extra when you need it sometimes.

Reactions: Thanos
Jan 18, 2013
I'm a believer thats for sure...I used Evan Williams, just actually finished cleaning my other pipe with it. Makes a huge difference in taste.

wildcat

Jan 1, 2012
Anyone here ever use whiskey to clean their pipes??
Yup...
GetImage.aspx

4dotsasieni

Jan 6, 2013
Try the Bushmills Irish Honey Whiskey -- a blend of whiskey, of course, honey, and, they say, "other flavours." Makes for a nice smoke, although I think I prefer the more traditional method of consuming it. :puffy:

smokeybear

Lifer
Dec 21, 2012
Brampton,Ontario,Canada
I get the whole Everclear thing but we don't have that in Canada so I have used gin vodka and rum but haven't used whiskey yet might give that a try.
EDIT: I've also used anissette liquor which was pretty good.

zonomo

Lifer
Nov 24, 2012
I was at a smoking lounge tonight and had never heard of such a thing when someone mentioned that he used some type of cinnamon rum. I come home and log on and here is the thread! Amazing. I wonder if this works for Aros too our just English. Does anyone know?

Jan 18, 2013
I have yet to try cleaning with gin or vodka, over all the whiskey did ignite the flavor even more.
@zonomo the pipe I cleaned was a pipe I use for aromatics and let me tell you the taste of the aromatic was not just in the room I could taste that tobacco even more. I know a lot of people say aromatics is more of a room thing but this whiskey thing did give it a kick.

mlyvers

Can't Leave
Sep 23, 2012
i always use pure grain (everclear) for major cleaning of my pipes. i may try the whiskey thing for intermediate cleanings.
mike.

zonomo

Lifer
Nov 24, 2012
Thanks Freddy - I'm trying this RIGHT NOW!!! BTW, I only have Jack Daniels and Capt Morgan in the house. Will those work?

Jan 18, 2013
Not sure about captain morgan but Jack should work just fine. Just make sure the proof is pretty high and you should be good.

smokeybear

Lifer
Dec 21, 2012
Brampton,Ontario,Canada
Canadian's make better Rye then Whiskey, I know some people wanna say there the same but there not there's significant difference. either way Canadian Club or Crown for regulars but i go Black Label for the Parties :D

Status
Not open for further replies.