PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Seeing the deal on Peterson Rocky Donegals at PC, for $65.99 down from $95.99, I made that a Christmas request to my wife. I won't say which shape, yet, but she appreciated the good deal, and asked if I was just attracted to the price, and I assured her the shape was the allure. She's gotten me many super pipes, sometimes for more than I would spend on myself, and often shapes I wouldn't buy but have come to love...churchwarden, Hungarian, and others with XL bowls. Sometimes it is better to ask than to leave people guessing on gifts.

timt

Lifer
Jul 19, 2018
I've been sending my wife links to pipes. It's the least I can do to be helpful...

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Sometimes when my wife admires something approaching a birthday or holiday, I'll just jump on it and buy it for her. I'd rather "spoil the surprise" and get her something she really wants than indulge in a guessing game and get it wrong or only generally correct. When someone enthuses, you know they'll love the gift. So timt, I'd say, send her the links.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Yup, today at midnight is the end of this sale. It's getting so you can't get most standard sized Petersons for less than $96, so this is a good deal if you like the shapes and the finish, and will run with Peterson. I've been very lucky, never a problem, so hope this holds. I like the hefty Irish pipes; they look just right.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
That 408 is a nice one. Good move. Interesting this Peterson sale is coming from PC when SPC just bought Peterson. I happen to really like this finish, and I think it will show well over time.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Embers,

Try Red Dead Redemption 2 on that PS4... great game! You can’t smoke a pipe but you can smoke a cigar in the game.
Played the first two, but have long since given up games.

ken56

Might Stick Around
Sep 30, 2018
Hey mso - I ordered a Pete Canadian - Wanted something with a longer stem - Not quite ready for the Churchwarden yet.

Ken

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I love Canadian shape pipes, what I think of as the stateliest shape. That have so much dignity and presence, and I like the oval shank.

Status
Not open for further replies.