PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

thompssk

Lurker
Apr 15, 2013
what are good mail order pipe catalogs? for pipes, pipe parts, please email me at (thompssk@whitman.edu)

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Hi Thompssk, welcome to the forums.
I can't speak to mail order catalogues, as most B&Ms tend to post online and the cost of producing and shipping catalogues can be prohibitive.
For pipe making, restoration and upkeep supplies check out the good people at Pimo: http://www.pimopipecraft.com/
And I know that L.J. Peretti (in Boston) produces an annual catalogue ('cause I picked one up there last week) but I don't know if they mail them out. You can find everything they have for sale on their website.
I'd encourage you to google around and find out what your local B&Ms have for sale, it'll save waiting and dollars in the long run.
Best,
-- Pat

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Welcome aboard Thompssk!

This question comes up from time to time.

The reality is that because pipes are such an individualistic product, actual printed catalogs aren't practical.

The closest thing to "Monkey Wards" catalog of pipes are those found online.

Good question.

:puffy:

flmason

Lifer
Oct 8, 2012
Since the introduction of the internet, printed catalog material has been on a very fast decline. Sears no longer has their large catalog that would be mailed out. Most times now people just go online and request to be added to an email listing regarding product updates etc.
the NASPC puts out a bi-monthly magazine of about 40-45 pages of information related to pipes and tobaccos etc.
Their website is www.naspc.org
I hope this helps you.
Doug

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
Pipes and Cigars does one around the holidays. But the guys are right, paper catalogs are pretty much obsolete.

Status
Not open for further replies.