PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

maxpeters

Can't Leave
Jan 4, 2010
I have wanted to buy hard cases for several of my pipes over the years, but can't find anyone who makes them.

I don't really need a case for my pipes, but I think it would add a touch of class to some of them.

I know that several companies make the fold over, soft leather kind of cases that also hold your tobacco and some cleaners, but what I would like to find are hard cases, molded to fit the particular pipe. Sort of like the cases that come with meerschaum pipes. Mybe a little better quality though.
I forget where I saw this, but it was a photo of an English make of pipe, that had a hard case covered in leather. The pipe fit inside in a form fitted depression of silk, I think. The case had small silver initials on the top. It looked great.
I have this old GBD Prehistoric pipe which is pretty, for lack of a better word, "old&ugly". But it is one of the best smoking pipes I own. I paid $25.00 for it, used, at a pipe show a number of years ago.

I like that pipe so much that I would like to give it a nice hard case to rest in, because i am never getting rid of it.
feb2010pipes003.jpg

Anyone ever heard of hard cases for pipes being made anywhere?

hooligan

Lurker
Jan 31, 2010
well only place i've seen so far is legalbuds.com for 16.99. Hope it helps. If I find more, I'll let you know.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
I don't know where to get a case.

Just wanted to say, it looks like good old friend worthy of trust and protection.

Your are a lucky man.

chuckw

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 7, 2009
Another source may be the Turkish Meerschaum carvers. They make them for their meers and might accomodate you.

igloo

Lifer
Jan 17, 2010
woodlands tx
How come I never find a good pipe for 25.00 bucks . that is a good looking briar . Try your local eye wear store . I keep some of mine in hardside sunglass cases .

maxpeters

Can't Leave
Jan 4, 2010
Thanks guys,
Hooligan, the cases on legalbuds.com are the closest thing i've yet seen to what I'm looking for. Unfortunately, they are out of stock. I will try to find out if they can get anymore in.

Status
Not open for further replies.