PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

coffinmaker

Can't Leave
Jan 20, 2016

New guy on here. Been smoking a pipe from about my Navy day, in the mid 1960. I'm in the geezer stage now. Anyway found an old chicken house that was about caved in, was given some pine boards and here is what it turned into.

skraps

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 9, 2015
Welcome to the forum.
That's a hell of a pipe cabinet. Nicely done. :clap:

M

mothernaturewilleatusallforbreakfast

Welcome to the forum coffinmaker. The cabinet looks great. I have a lot of respect for those that are able to take something that's been tossed aside and use it in a new way for a different purpose. Especially, when it involves pipes and tobacco. Nice job. You've obviously got a creative eye and an ability to work with wood; have you thought about trying your hand at making a pipe? I can see in your avatar that you actually do make coffins. You could potentially be the first coffin making pipe maker I've ever heard of. Could turn into a niche.

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
Welcome and well done! That is a great looking pipe cabinet. Is the lower section stuffed full of baccy? :puffy:

coffinmaker

Can't Leave
Jan 20, 2016
The lower part is home to my cameras, I am our Church photographer. I tried making a couple pipes using briar wood. These turn into firewood! Laying on the table part of the cabinet is a pipe I did just finish. While taking the rifle for a walk, I spotted a dry piece of sassafras wood. Had an extra stem, so I fashion a pipe. I'm surprised it really smokes cool and good. Niche? I am too busy to add another trade to my full day. Tobacco, I like almost any kind while working. #1-My own concoction that I named Sleepy Coyote. It is just a mix of two blended tobaccos measured out and combined. Virginia, cavendish, vanilla, Cyprian Latakia, this is my working blend. I grew up around pipe smokers and if there is a spot on the forum for stories, I would live to tell a couple of what I have seen and heard. I've flapped enough, time to go make sawdust.

tennsmoker

Lifer
Jul 2, 2010
Coffinmaker: You've made a nice work of art there. Love the cabinet. And welcome. Good folks here.

brudnod

Aug 26, 2013
Great Falls, VA
CM, the thing I like best about that photo is that you would be hard pressed to guess when the picture was taken. It could have been 40-50 years ago and no one would be the wiser! That being said, you don't by any chance happen to be a vampire are you?

coffinmaker

Can't Leave
Jan 20, 2016
Fees are higher than I expected. A friend gave me a sample of Penzance, it was very different, but I liked it. This pass Sunday he gave me this tin. Saving it for warm weather when I can sit in the shade and enjoy it with a couple ounces of 100. proof. Spencer - no to the vampire thing, I go to bed to early, can't take the night life. Thank you all for the warm welcome and kind words.

skraps

Sep 9, 2015
Coffin, I may be alone here, but someday if you have some time... I would love to see a pictorial account of you actually building a coffin. I'm intrigued, mainly because it seems like a very intricate, finely crafted thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.