PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

checotah

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 7, 2012
Finished my pipe cabinet a few weeks back. Posted photos on FB, had a friend suggest I should post them here, as well.
dscn0891-353x600.jpg
dscn0893-450x600.jpg

Reactions: unclefloyd

gregprince

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 29, 2014
Great work! But way too small. You'll be needing to add more pipe storage units on top. An easy enough fix as the collection grows.

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
Well done! That is a very beautiful pipe cabinet, a very rich and solid looking piece. :puffy:

dulgunz

Can't Leave
Feb 11, 2015
Very Nice!! If you made that yourself, I know the hard work you put into it. Growing up I would frequent a Amish Cabinet shop near the house. I would watch them build the most beautiful pieces of work from cutting down the type of tree for wood, and hand carving out the pieces. If was the "old craftsmanship" of work and I was always amazed of the time and discipline that was put in to make them. Everyone had their works in their house of some type because of the low cost and a hand carved piece that would last a few generations. It is hard to find that kind of "stuff" now a days, everything is made of pressed wood and by machine.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
Yes. So nice!...now you have me thinking about how to employ my old glazier skills toward my new pipe enthusiasm.

I have the equipment to drill holes in glass to accept hinges that will allow me to put glass across the entire opening except for clearance..say 1/16"....to 1/8"....all around...I did some for a book shelf my mom converted into a china cabinet...

these had magnetic latches and you push then to spring open. I forget what they're called....European hinges maybe?

I could class up the joint with just a little effort.

Love that traditional look you got. Love the oak. You can double your rack space so easily with another cabinet sitting on top of that one...48 outta be about right.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Outstanding work. You could have a career in cabinet building if you so choose. I would buy something of that high quality if I had a place to put it.

Status
Not open for further replies.