PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
What kind of cabinet do you search for when you finally reach the point where you need one for pipes and tobaccos? They don't make dedicated pipe cabinets so I thought some of the fellows here might have some suggestions. Something traditional looking, with glass doors.

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
Hunt up some furniture stores. There are actual pipe cabinets on eBay. I bought my cabinet from a local furniture chain that cost me just shy of $180.

homeguard95

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 18, 2014
I don't know about pipe cabinets but I made a tobacco cabinet out of an old munitions box by putting a few shelves in it.

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
You're right, ebay has lots of cabinets--thanks for the tip. BTW, for some reason, this posting was repeated--I have no idea how that happened. I'll try to erase it.

teufelhund

Lifer
Mar 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO
I've ssen a couple of china cabinets with glass up top then a drawer and a larger cabinet space with shelves underneath. There are no racks so you'd have to use standsor rackson the shelves as well, but it would keep you pipes visible and dust free. A drawer for pipe cleaners, mathes etc. and a large cabinet for storing tobacco. They are a pretty common design and can be found all over. Check craiglist for a good deal close to you.

pipebow88

Can't Leave
Jun 12, 2013
Picked mine up at a garage sale for $40. Took about 2 hours of cleaning to have her shining like new again.

B
3A42976C-E2D8-4F2D-89BC-6CAB192475F6-620-00000037C2FC7DEA_zps6eecc299.jpg

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Pipebowl and I think a like. Mine was $100 and needed a few repairs. I keep my "Scottie" pipe collection on the top level, then two shelves with three, six-pipe "Fairfax racks across the back. The 3rd shelf is almost empty and the 4th is just for storage currently. I added a set of LED lights for each shelf, with a kick switch stolen from my wife's holiday lighting supplies.

homeguard95

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 18, 2014
My grandmother has a cabinet like those. I really like how y'all set those up especially that lighting in yours Al.

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
I've posted mine a few times before. Here's one more for the thread of my baccy stash spot. Looking back, I should've bought his bigger brother for about $80 more, twice the size for less than half the price.
cabinet-600x450.jpg

voorhees

Lifer
May 30, 2012
Gonadistan
Al, I like the lighting in yours, but are you concerned about causing oxidation on the stems or fading? Most of my pipes are on shelves in my den. Its a low light environment, so I don't get concerned.

Status
Not open for further replies.