PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnparker

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 22, 2013
Last night I read a thread where a member listed four things to look for when buying a pipe. For the life I me I do not know where the thread was or how to find it! One of the checks was to make sure a pipe cleaner would run down the stem and into the draft hole at the bottom of the bowl. One was to make sure that the draft hole met the bottom of the bowl. The other two I do not remember and cannot find! Since I am planning to add a pipe, I would really like to know what I should check! Thanks!

briarfanatic

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 27, 2013
The fourth was check to make sure there is a Tinsky silver star on the stem ;) you can tell where my priorities lie with my next PAD.

johnparker

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 22, 2013
Tried a search, Teufelhund, but did not have the results I wanted. Don't remember enough key words from that post I was looking for. "Draw" yielded a lot of entries, but none were what I saw earlier. Will keep trying!
Rothnh, fit and finish was one of them! And that may account for the final two - fit, finish.
Thanks!

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
When checking to make sure a cleaner passes, make sure it is an extra fluffy pipe cleaner, not a thin one, and make sure it passes with ease and that you don't have to twist it and fiddle with it to pass.

sallow

Lifer
Jun 30, 2013
When looking on ebay, I always want to see the shank to stem connection. I also need a money shot straight on of the bowl or no dice. I hate when the pictures are out of focus. Who would buy that?

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
sam, your pipe is an anomaly, most pipes that do not pass a cleaner( not counting Oom Pauls) will in most cases be a problem pipe. You definitely got lucky with yours in my opinion. I owned 3 pipes ealry on in my collecting that would not pass a cleaner and everyone had issues. To a one they all smoked wet.

Status
Not open for further replies.