PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

terrygoldman123

Can't Leave
Jun 2, 2013
Virginia
Anyone have experience with the Brebbia brand of pipes. I need to choose between similarly priced pipes. a Brebbia and a Peterson. I own one Peterson and like it a lot. Smokes very well. Unfamiliar with Brebbia. Do they smoke well? Are they equal to a Peterson? HELP!

docwatson

Lifer
Jul 2, 2009
New England
I'm with Roth on this one, I have a few Brebbia pipes and have owned many over the years. They break in MUCH easier than a Peterson and smoke effortlessly. However I am also a big fan of Peterson pipes.

Seeing that you already have a Pete I would definitely try a Brebbia and then you can tell us how they compare to your liking.

petes03

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
The Hills of Tennessee
I've never had a Brebbia myself, but I've heard many good things about them. I'm gonna recommend Peterson just because that's what I'm familiar with, and because the 10 that I have are wonderful smokers. But hey, it's your pipe, go with the one that calls to you! If you're looking to stay in that price range, you might want to look at Savenelli, Nording, and Stanwell.

shutterbug

Can't Leave
Apr 12, 2013
For factory pipes, you can't go wrong with the Brebbias. I'm a big Italian pipe fan, and own a few Brebbias, including a Junior Noce Poker, Sabiatta, Rocciata, and I am happy with all of them. They are consistently one of the better smokes in my rotation. The price is right, the quality excellent and I have never had any issues with them.
Shutterbug

delkhouri

Can't Leave
May 4, 2013
Columbus Ohio
I have a Brebbia Pura as well. It smokes well but the draw is somewhat restricted. The Pura line is one of their higher end lines so I cannot speak for some of the other lines of Brebbia pipes.
I had a Peterson it was bent and drilled poorly (I have heard this many times about Peterson's). I could not run a pipe cleaner through it and it gurgled. I sold it. If I were ever to buy another Peterson it would be a higher end one or a straight pipe.
Of your two options I would go Brebbia because I have had better luck with them and because you already have a Peterson.

Perique

Lifer
Sep 20, 2011
www.tobaccoreviews.com
I have a Brebbia Brasil that I bought as a cleaned estate and it's fantastic: great smoker and a beautiful pipe.
I also have a Peterson (low-end Shannon). And it's an excellent smoker. I guess I'm just lucky. Only complaint with the Peterson is that it smokes a little on the hot side and the bowl coating was unpleasant prior to break-in. But I can't complain as its turned into a fine smoker. And the grain is fantastic. I've had none of the engineering issues I've heard about with Peterson's and I would buy this Shannon (straight) billiard again in a heartbeat, especially for the price.
I agree with Doc Watson on this one: you have a Pete, so get the Brebbia and let us know how they compare.

dread

Lifer
Jun 19, 2013
I own 4 Brebbia pipes and 7 Peterson pipes. All of my Brebbia pipes are excellent smokers and most of my Peterson pipes are good smokers. I honestly couldn't tell you which one to get over the other as they also both make great looking pipes as well. Your chances of getting a poor smoker are higher with Peterson in my experience, but I really like Peterson pipes and when there is a problem with one I've always fixed it with pipe mud. I'm just addicted to both the Irish and the Italian

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I've heard nothing but good things about Brebbia. I like Roth's pipe as pictured by SP. I don't own a Brebbia.

When I looked them over at the regional pipe show last April, I had a little trouble warming up to the design

features on a lot of them, kind of design-forward at least in that selection of pipes. I have five Petersons, and

all smoke well. But based on reputation, I'd go for a Brebbia if I liked the pipe.

easygoer

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 31, 2013
I don't own either but I like the look of this Brebbia. The grain appears to be very good in comparison to what the Pete can offer for the price range. But I'm no expert.
http://www.briarblues.com/rua63.htm

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
Cannot say one way or the other with regards to Brebbia, but I have a Brebbie Lectura church warden that has a remarkable Rustication or Sandblast, I really cannot tell which it is. The pipe smokes as well as my Peterson Churchwardens, so there is that. I would buy another Brebbia if I could find one with that same texture.

flakyjakey

Lifer
Aug 21, 2013
Yes. I have a Brebbia "Super Golden Gnome" made in the 60s. I love it - it is a great smoker and an easy clench, being very light. I have a number of Petersons which I also rate very highly. You already have a Peterson. So unless Brebbia have lost their touch I would go for the Brebbia.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
I bought a Brebbia Lectura many many moons ago.

It was a basket pipe.

When I bought I liked the shape and purchased a Churchwarden stem for it.

It has been a favorite of mine ever since, and is definitely one in my "frequently smoked" rotation.

I paid about $10 for it, and $10 or $12 for the stem.

Oh yeah it has a shellac or varnish finish.

It's the one on the right.
longboys-1-600x450.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.