Status
Not open for further replies.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Our Featured Interview tonight is with pipe artisan J.T. Cooke. Brian calls him "The Master Blaster" as he is well-known for the amazing, unique style of sandblasting that he does. (Listen closely, and you'll find out what the "T" stands for.
j-t-cooke.jpg

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
One of these days I am going to publish in the KC newsletter an article JT wrote along with his then wife on pipe making that was published in the 1990 Summer issue of the Compleat Smoker.

daveinlax

Charter Member
May 5, 2009
WISCONSIN
I really enjoyed this interview and look forward to part two. I really like hearing from the guys who have been involved in the hobby for awhile. 8O

minfarshaw

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 12, 2014
That was a great listen. Thanks. It was great to hear him talk about having to adjust from a quantity to quality mind set when he started to make pipes on his own. It was also interesting to hear about the engineering that goes into making the perfect pipe. Very cool! I'm a new pipe smoker but I look forward to supporting local pipe makers when I start my collection in earnest.

dlgillen

Lurker
Dec 8, 2009
Great podcasts Brian, I have finely caught up to the weekly shows and it's hard to wait a whole week to hear the new ones. I was a daily listener and my 30 minute commute was great as I would listen to the first 1/2 hour on my way in to work and the second half on my way home. It's also cool to hear the sound quality getting better from the early shows. Thanks so much for bringing these great guests to our radios...

Status
Not open for further replies.