PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

surenot

Lurker
Jul 5, 2017
Currently my pipes and tobaccos reside in a drawer. I would like to purchase or build a proper storage area. Ideally, I would like something that could fit on top of my desk as a display. Not really cellaring tobaccos right now but trying a bunch and need storage. I plan to collect all the tins. Any ideas?

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Proper storage of pipes IS in a drawer! That said, many of us keep them out, in racks or on a counter top, in a bowl, box or bushel basket. Do you want a rack? Many online, and some of our members make them.

nevadablue

Lifer
Jun 5, 2017
There is a nice long thread on this too. I saved a lot of pictures for ideas.
Here...
http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/show-us-your-pipe-rack-or-cabinet

surenot

Lurker
Jul 5, 2017
Thanks Nevadablue, A lot of great ideas in there. Hoping to make this a weekend project soon. If it doesn't end up in the fire pit ill post pics. :)

madox07

Lifer
Dec 12, 2016
nevadablue thanks for the link. surenot If you find a solution for the tins, please let me know. I too collect them, and my display can no longer fit any new tins.

nevadablue

Lifer
Jun 5, 2017
Tins... I don't have any yet, but, what about a picture frame like thing, with a steel back. Paint it or cover with fabric. Stick a bit of magnet on the back of the tin and arrange them on/in the picture frame. Might be kind of neat to make the background out of tobacco advertising, maybe?

madox07

Lifer
Dec 12, 2016
Hmmm you are saying something there, maybe use some 3M double sided tape, and make a framed "painting" sort of, out of round tins ...

Status
Not open for further replies.