PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnbrody15

Lurker
Feb 16, 2019
Hello (presumably) ladies and gentlemen. Anyone know of a pipe and tobacco shop in the Miami area? There are cigar shops a plenty, but in my frequent travels out there, I've yet to locate something dedicated to pipes. I thought I'd ping these forums and see what comes up.
Thanks fellers......

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Years ago the Florida politicians thought it would be a good idea to tax pipe tobacco to the tune of 85% of the wholesale price. It killed the pipe tobacco business here in Fl. There is a Benningtons shop in Boca Raton which will have a decent pipe selection. Bring your own pipe tobacco as prices here are a joke.

Cigar prices are good as they put a 0 perecnt tax on those.

ekert

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 26, 2018
Hey Harris, Jim closed down his store in Boca and moved to Sarasota to help his brother Jack at their store in St. Armand's.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
ekert, thanks for the info. Jack is a super nice guy, I wonder what happened to the other brother who worked their, I forgot his name. I haven't been to the shop in years,last time was to get a pipe fixed. I used to go there on a regular basis before 2009(?) when they instituted the tax.

johnbrody15

Lurker
Feb 16, 2019
Thanks for the info. No wonder I've never been able to find a pipe shop in Miami. Thankfully I did bring my own tobacco.

Status
Not open for further replies.