PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tombraider

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 21, 2013
I'm having knee surgery tomorrow and will be laid up for a few days. Since I'll be on my keister for the whole weekend I think I'll get the fire pit going on the deck on Saturday night and have my neighbor mix me up a dry martini. Probably Beafeater. Would this be a good pairing for Nightcap, MM965 or something else?

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
965 seems like a fine pairing. Smooth enough to go along, but strong enough to stand up to it.

Churchill had a martini recipe that went something like, pour gin to the top of the glass then

show it the Vermouth. May you heal fast and not suffer much discomfort.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
Good luck with the knee. I'd say 4 matinis with just about anything will get you through the evening. Latakia and juniper sound tasty to me.

settersbrace

Lifer
Mar 20, 2014
Depending on the type of knee surgery your having you might be wanting something more powerful than alcohol. I've had 2 scopes and finally a total replacement on my left knee. The first scope wasn't too bad. The second? Not so much, I had to take pain killers just to stay sane from the pain. Best of luck on whatever your getting done and enjoy the down time!

instymp

Lifer
Jul 30, 2012
+1 MSO, & don't drink too much tonight with the crap they will give you tomorrow, stop at 4. :lol:

kibo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 22, 2014
SW PA
I've always been a Bombay Sapphire guy for my martinis...at home, its Bombay Saph and Tribuno dry vermouth, dirty up, two olives and an onion in the middle or three olives if I'm out of pearl onions. People have given me a lot of shit for being a martini drinker, but then the specifics, forget it...til they taste it. My method, when I crack open the olives and onions, I dump half the juice, top it off with the Bombay. When I make my martini, I just put a little vermouth in the glass, swirl it around so the glass is coated. Next the Bombay, with just a little room for a splash of the olive 'juice' and the skewer.
That said, experience tells me the 965 and martini combo was nice. YMMV, of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.