Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 22, 2009
I have always been fond of this.
http://fujipub.com/ooops/quotes.html#practice

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Many of the smoking situations have applied to me at one time or other during my life. The one that I didn't see covered is how to refuse an enthusiastic offer of tobacco. This happened to me and I felt really awkward because I didn't know how to tell this guy that I thought his favorite blend smelled terrible.

hauntedmyst

Lifer
Feb 1, 2010
Chicago
6. When showing off a new pipe, it is permissible to comment on its uniqueness, its craftsmanship, or the ridiculously low price paid for it. It is not acceptable to show off a new pipe to brag about how much you spent or how impressive a pipe you can afford. The exception occurs if said pipe purchase cause your divorce. Then anything goes.
LOL I may need to go out and buy successively more expensive pipes until I discover my wifes breaking point. :)

dunendain

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 22, 2009
This is good pipe talk. I love this thread. I always smoke my pipe in public as often as possible. In the past, I would smoke Balkans, and English blends, and almost dare anyone to comment. I have mellowed, and always keep an aromatic for public smoking. Now, when I go in public places, I get smiles, and nice comments. Even here in LA, I have never heard a bad comment, or gotten dirty looks.

Status
Not open for further replies.