PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

allan

Lifer
Dec 5, 2012
Bronx, NY
For the last week I have been sick as a dog--a very bad cold with fever. On the fourth day, I gave up trying to 'ride it out' and went to the doc to find out that 'it's going around' and other than some codeine and other prescribed meds, well, "suffer through it"--and I am infectious, so I have to stay home.
During any regular week, I wake up thinking about which pipe and tobacco I'll bring with me to work. Shall it be an 'English' day (really my favorite blends) or shall I 'rough it' with a VA or Va/per?
Which pipe will I choose? Will it be a bent, (oh, no choice really, 99 per cent are bents :)) A Dunhill, A Rad Davis, a Scott Thile, a Jerry Crawford?
I can truly say that this week I couldn't even fathom the idea of going near a pipe, or any tobacco in the entire world. In fact, I was thinking of packing the whole thing up and selling it to the highest bidder! (I'm feeling a little better now, so I'm kind of changing my mind)
So, to sum it up for me, tobacco is clearly mentally or habitually addicting and not physically addicting.
Any of you feel the same way?

phred

Lifer
Dec 11, 2012
Pretty much exactly - I look forward to either the action of taking a walk (with a pipe) at lunchtime, or to settling in on the back patio with a pipe and a book more than I do any physical sensation associated with the nicotine uptake. And when I'm suffering from a bad cold, the last thing I want is a smoke...

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Allan, I've been out of commission with Norovirus since Monday. I've quit food, coffee, and pipes, but my fever was not even close to high enough to have me contemplating pulling up stakes and selling.
If these delusions continue, please call, I'll give you a more than fair offer on your collection. You have my number.
-- Pat

latbomber

Part of the Furniture Now
May 10, 2013
Same here. Never feel a physical need to smoke, if I'm sick/extremely busy I can go without no problem.

allan

Lifer
Dec 5, 2012
Bronx, NY
Pat
I'm really sorry to hear this-I think I heard of noro virus, but I'm not sure.
I also haven't been eating much, just don't care about anything like that. Just to get a night's sleep would be wonderful without hacking away!
Selling only occurred to me in a delirium of fever...

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Isn't your number "1 800 stealallmyfriendspipes"
Touched you remember, pal. I also buy gold and issue short term loans at Craaaaaaazy interest rates.
Yep, this bug is brutal.
-- Pat

Status
Not open for further replies.