PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmbittner

Lifer
Dec 12, 2012
I was browsing around the SmokingPipes.com site and decided to check out some of the tobacco brands I'm not familiar with, just to see what they were offering.
I came across Pipa, a company that sells a 1.5oz bag of a vanilla cavendish pipe tobacco -- and includes a corncob pipe in every bag! As if that weren't enough, they offer it in a bag with fairly sexy artwork -- but not in a disgusting way. All for about $5!!
http://www.smokingpipes.com/tobacco/by-maker/pipa/moreinfo.cfm?product_id=109731
So I'm wondering why I've never heard Pipa mentioned here. Granted, I'm sure it's not high-quality tobacco. And it's definitely not a Missouri Meerschaum cob. But still. . . with all the discussions here about budget options, I'm surprised this pipe/tobacco combo never came up.
Bob

blendtobac

Lifer
Oct 16, 2009
Pipa comes from Lane Limited. They started out with the Chinese cobs, but have since switched to Missouri Meerschaums. We'll be doing the same once we've exhausted our supply of the other cobs. It's a good value to get started with.
Russ

bubblehead33

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 17, 2012
Canada
Ordered one of these last year. As has been stated, the cob is garbage (it didn't make it to the end of the pouch) but the tobacco wasn't all that bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.