PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 8, 2013
The new Pink Floyd album comes out November 10, and is a revisitation of unfinished songs from the same period as The Division Bell with some of Richard Wright's final recordings. Personally, I'm stoked. The Division Bell is my favorite Pink Floyd album, and I absolutely could not stand Pink Floyd before then. It was, I believe, "Take It Back" that I first heard from the album on the radio and I fell in love and rushed out to buy the album. This one single album helped me to appreciate their prior music as well and I really enjoy their music from Dark Side Of The Moon and The Wall especially. But The Division Bell is still my favorite Floyd album. That being said I'm really looking forward to this new one. Anyone else looking forward to it as well?

huntertrw

Lifer
Jul 23, 2014
The Lower Forty of Hill Country
anthonyrosenthal74:
Absolutely. The combination of Mr. Wright and Mr. Gilmour was lightning in a bottle (witness The Barn Sessions). It's good to see that they are paying homage to the former, and I look forward to the album's release.

philobeddoe

Lifer
Oct 31, 2011
East Indiana
I'm looking forward to the new release and The Division Bell is s very good album but.....Wish You Were Here is my favorite Floyd album.

indianafrank

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 15, 2014
Who's Pink Floyd?
Why would any man wanna be named "Pink?"
Give me The Door's, Moody Blues, The Four Tops, Marvin Gaye, Crosby, Stills, Nash,

beefeater33

Lifer
Apr 14, 2014
Central Ohio
Cool! I did not know they were putting a new album out. Funny, I have The Division Bell in my car player right now... Hadn't heard it for a few years, and saw it on the shelf in my home. Popped it in and I've listened to it every day on my commute to work for the last week-- Great, Great album. :D

bloodwood

Might Stick Around
Nov 2, 2014
Puyallup, WA
Why would any man wanna be named "Pink?"

Should be phrased, "Which one's Pink?"
Great group indeedy.

Except for that anti-semite dbag Waters.

Excluding Dark Side their music was better without him.
Gentlemen, Have A Cigar...

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Thanks for the heads-up about the new album Anthony...I haven't really followed them very closely since Waters left, but I may check it out.
Great group indeedy.

Except for that anti-semite dbag Waters.

Excluding Dark Side their music was better without him.
Wow...just wow. So criticizing the genocidal policies of the Israeli government makes one an anti-Semite? Please.
And Roger Waters was, is, and always will be Pink Floyd imo.

mikestanley

Lifer
May 10, 2009
Akron area of Ohio
Animals, Wish You Were Here, Dark Side of The Moon and A Nice Pair. In that order for me. Saw them perform Animals at Municipal Stadium in 1979 or so.Quite the show.
Mike S.

sw0snuff3r

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 3, 2014
The Wall changed my life back when I was impressionable enough for it to change my life. I've drifted off into other interests since then but I will definitely look out for this new one.

sw0snuff3r

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 3, 2014
I'm willing to bet it's going to contain some great music :)
I bet you're right. I've forgotten what great artists they are and now I've got a bunch queued up to listen to until the other half comes home!

ericthered

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 29, 2014
Suffolk, VA
Yep, I'll definitely be buying this. Pink Floyd has made so much good music. There is a Pink Floyd tribute band, "The Machine Live" that comes through my area about once a year. I see them every chance I get.

drennan

Can't Leave
Mar 30, 2014
Normandy
A few years ago, cough, I spent a happy couple of months fruit picking and listening to meddle and dark side on what seemed like an endless loop. Meddle will always be my favourite album, a combination of good music and better memories.
I do hope it lives up to expectations

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I'm a huge Pink Floyd fan. I have all of their LP's and on disc. I'll buy this album, but to be honest the first track I've heard doesn't do anything for me. Perhaps taken in as an entire album, I'll see it in a different light.
This review was not kind....

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/reviews/pink-floyd-the-endless-river-album-review-boring-and-desperately-disappointing-9840601.html
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFE0wDxSLPs

prndl

Lifer
Apr 30, 2014
saw them live at the civic in los angeles back in '72...first set was "wish you were here", second set was "dark side of the moon"..."echoes" for encore...as we left, there were two huge klieg lights outside...shining at the full moon.
careful with that ax, eugene.

Status
Not open for further replies.