PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mortonbriar

Lifer
Oct 25, 2013
New Zealand
I thought I would throw some favourites together, not very scientific but here it is...

a pinch of C&D cube cut burley, a bit of bulk latakia (4noggins, smells like mcclelland?) 2 pinches of 5100 red cake, a lil bit of ODF, and a small pile of bulk turkish ribbon (again, assuming mcclelland) and a couple of slivers of SG black rope.

Here it is all mixed up.

and ready to go in a comoy's copper cloud, will do a brief review after its smoked this evening.

Isaac

david555

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 15, 2014
That's a nice pipe! I like doing some drunk blending myself, unfortunately mine are often failures.

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
Curious to hear how it turns out. The blended pile sure looks good. Keep us posted. :puffy:

mortonbriar

Lifer
Oct 25, 2013
New Zealand
Jack, its the only comoy i have (it came in an estate lot looking a bit grubbier than in the photo) but i do like it, nice draw although the design of it means its a sit down and hold it kind of a pipe rather than clench and potter around, thats ok though I am happy to sit for a bit.

Anyway, off to smoke that bowl now :!:

Isaac

mortonbriar

Lifer
Oct 25, 2013
New Zealand
Well, it was an enjoyable bowl. I would mix the same blends again, but probably a little less latakia, thats more a personal preference than a mix fault though i think. Also i did not notice the turkish leaf doing its thing, i will put in an extra pinch of that, or maybe some drama reserve. The rope was maybe unnecessary the other components collectively had enough nicotine for me, but i did spot that SG flavour at certain points and liked it, so maybe just one sliver instead of two. The last third was particularly tasty, this was where the latakia eased up a little.

I dont do formal reviews off one bowl, too many variables, i kept having to relight and got a fair bit of moisture that needed pipe cleaner attention but i mostly put that down to the fact that i had to mind my sleeping child and so had to smoke upstairs on the deck in the high winds rather than downstairs in my workshop.

Ultimately i think it has potential for me to mix a larger quantity up, but will tweak first, this is fun!

Isaac

Status
Not open for further replies.