Pike Place- Seattle Pipe Club (Home Blending)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

transpose

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 15, 2018
Any recommendations as to another blend that is very similar to Pike Place? Or, did Seattle Pipe Club rename their original blend?
I just sampled a home blend that I pulled out of the press a couple of weeks ago and it was fantastic! Exactly 50% of the blend was Seattle Pipe Club “Pike Place”. I decided this morning that I need to cellar the ingredients for this blend...so I just checked EVERY online retailer that I know and there is none available. After a quick search, I found out that SPClub was sued for using that name.
Someday I’ll perfect a blend and be able to cellar the exact ingredients so that I can remake it for many, many years. Someday :(

rmpeeps

Lifer
Oct 17, 2017
San Antonio, TX
I know that feeling. Some of my favorite home blends utilized McClelland VAs. While they are still ‘available’, they’ve become rather expensive to procure for blending.

Fortunately, I keep my feathers numbered for just such an occasion.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I don't know if I could ever stick to the recipe doing mixes at home. I call them mixes, not blends, since there's no heat or pressure. I'm always going to throw in a pinch of condiments or leftovers or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.