PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

marmal4de

Lifer
Feb 20, 2011
Richmond, BC
Todd bannard made this beauty for me.
I am beyond words, the only way it could be more perfect would be if I were smoking it now.
2pipes002.jpg

Most perfect drilling.

2pipes003.jpg

bentmike

Lifer
Jan 25, 2012
I'd be proud to own that pipe. Great sandblast job and stain. Thanks for sharing the pics.

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
Sweet pipe Marmalade!
That man makes some nice pipes from what I can see on his site. Only about 10 pipes or so on there. I was expecting an extensive portfolio. But from what I saw he knows wtf he's doing for sure.
I read everything I could on his site since it's not too big, but elegant in its simplicity. And when I came across the last couple or paragraphs on his site... I really like this gentlemen's attitude. :puffy:
Art or not, perfect or not, handmade or not, pipes are an unmistakeably anachronistic item. No one sees pipes as modern or cool - they are distinctly not so. Pipes are for quiet times, pipes last for ever. There is no "built in obsolescence", no changing technology to keep up with. We are bombarded by a world of ever-increasing pressures to perform and to conform. Move faster, do more with less. Be "downsized". Be "efficient". Get V2.0 After all, we need this RIGHT NOW or you're fired.
And pipes are... well, they are a big "Fuck you." to all of it.
So here's to time well wasted. Here's to sitting back and watching. Here's to doing it tomorrow instead of yesterday. Here's to doing it the hard way instead of outsourcing it, even if you don't make quite as much profit that way.
Now you know which way the wind is blowing, and you can either scamper off to safety or light a bowl and say "Hell yeah."

bassem

Might Stick Around
Nov 20, 2009
Wow....beautiful piece of art. Great Sandblast. If I had this pipe in my hands, I would definitely fire it up with my favourite tobacco right away. Enjoy it and let us know how it smokes :D

bigvan

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
I'm not very familiar with Todd's work, but that looks like an excellent blast, a handcut stem AND a pretty big hunk of sterling silver! In my opinion it's a STEAL at $200.
Well done!

Status
Not open for further replies.