Lifer
Feb 28, 2014
20140412_173012-600x450.jpg

20140412_172953-600x450.jpg

20140412_172944-600x450.jpg

20140412_172908-600x450.jpg

20140412_172758-600x450.jpg

20140412_172721-600x450.jpg

So i got the Radice Sand Grain in on Saturday that i won from ebay. After a quick and thorough clean up inside and out of the pipe, i loaded it up with ODF and puffed into oblivion. The pipe smokes great and although it smokes a little wetter than i am used to, it is small potatoes and no big deal. It is in very good condition overall. The stem is really in immaculate shape with zero chatter and scratches/marks. The outside of the bowl is very nice too, with no imperfections except some minor darkening of the rim in one area. This was clearly visible in the pics provided by the seller, so it was already expected. After cleaning the inside of the bowl, there was an area that looked to have minor charring, but puffing slowly and building a cake over it should take care of that with no issues. The draw on the pipe is smooth and the smoke is cool all the way through. The bowl gets hot rather quickly, so i really had to monitor the frequency of my puffing. The mortise and tenon connection was looser than i am used to but still snug with no issues. I love the extended length of the stem and the overall shape/aesthetic feel of the pipe, and it is very light in the hand as well as a good clencher. The blast on it is pleasing to the eye and i think the color compliments the blast.
Overall, it's a great pipe and for what i paid, a great deal. Still a great many smokes and a lot of life left in this puppy. My gf just texted me and asked if i bought ANOTHER pipe (the new unsmoked Radice Twin Bore Poker). She is a teacher and on spring break this week which i forgot about so i won't be able to monitor the mail like usual. I am going to have some 'splainin to do. I told her the package that just arrived today was tobacco and since she was the one who got the package with the pipe in review here on saturday, i am quickly running out of excuses. I have another David Jones Poker coming sometime this week as well as some sealed tins i bought off a member on here that should be here sometime this week as well. Should be interesting to see if i make it out of the next seven days with my balls and my life in tact, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.