PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 15, 2011
So as a lot of you know, my girlfriend and I recently signed a lease on a new place. We have finally gotten all moved in and I wanted to share some pics of our new place. It's a little scarce right now, but it is turning out to be quite nice. The second bedroom isn't currently being occupied by anyone, so my girlfriend told me that I could turn it into a pipe and cigar lounge/man cave. Once I get another TV, the Xbox will go in there as well.
DSCN0934.jpg

My smoking chair in the living room. The girlfriend says I can smoke anything but Lat blends in here.
DSCN0935.jpg

Living room/main entrance
DSCN0937.jpg

First pics of man cave. This is my baccy drying station.
DSCN0938.jpg

Humidor and some pipes on a night stand.
DSCN0939.jpg

This is the recliner that will be used for smoking in the man cave. In the background is my cabinet where I store my baccy tins.
DSCN0940.jpg

The closet is home to my pipes. The shelf on top is the perfect place for my racks and this room is the best temperature controlled room in the apartment.
DSCN0941.jpg

More pipe racks
DSCN0944.jpg

Shot of all three racks on the top shelf.
Will post more pics when the whole thing is all done.

Jul 15, 2011
hope you get the TV soon to enjoy the xbox
I have the Xbox hooked up in the living room at the moment, but with space constraints, I am constantly having to swap it out with the DVD player when I want to watch a movie. The DVD playback on the Xbox isnt as good as I would like.
Looks nice and comfy
It got real comfy once we got a couch and a nice chair set up. The first few days that we were living there it was all lawn chairs and laying on the floor. It is really starting to feel like a home now.

smokenscotch

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 23, 2011
Great looking place, hope you have many years of good times there. That once Churchwarden, black sandblast, is that a Peterson? Looks great.

Jul 15, 2011
That once Churchwarden, black sandblast, is that a Peterson? Looks great.
That is actually a Wellington, and it is a fantastic smoker. It is a huge pipe and offers me a 2 and a half hour smoke, and the draw is incredibly free. It is one of my favorite pipes by a long shot.

philip

Lifer
Oct 13, 2011
Puget Sound
You may not have any clothes in the closet, but at least the pipes have a home. :)
Congratulations, it looks like you are making a nice beginning.

Jul 15, 2011
You may not have any clothes in the closet, but at least the pipes have a home.
You know, one of the funniest things about this apartment was all the closets that it had. I swear there is a closet in nearly every room. We have a linen closet in the hallway, the closet in the man cave, two closets in the bedroom, a closet off of the storage unit where the furnace and hot water heater are, and a coat closet just off the living room. Rest assured, we have plenty of space for all the clothing and then some.

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
2 1/2 hours smoke out of that Churchwarden? :crazy: It sure doesn't look that big, boy, you must be really good with a pipe. I've been looking around for a big bowl Churchwarden myself.

Jul 15, 2011
2 1/2 hours smoke out of that Churchwarden? It sure doesn't look that big, boy, you must be really good with a pipe.
I may have exaggerated that figure slightly, but my Missouri Meerschaum General pipe lasts me a good hour, and my Wellington pipes chamber is a little taller than that and almost twice as wide. Because of the free draw, I also tend to fill it a little more firm than my other pipes. Ill give you an exact figure next time I smoke it hobie.
Now keep the ghosts out of that closet .. they may mess up those pipes
Dont worry. I have the number for Ghostbusters on speed dial. :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.