PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

batdemon

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 20, 2011
Batdemon's Album

I have a few pics up in my album if anyone would like to check em out, or I could post them here, let me know.

I am no great photographer and if anyone has any tips on taking pipe pics, feel free to pass it along.

I am adding a pic of my Wellington along with the question....is this considered a Churchwarden?
Thanks all
Edit: I couldn't fix the picture, so I inserted a link to your album. Lawrence

zanthal

Lifer
Dec 3, 2011
Pleasanton, CA
I'd look at your album but I have no idea how to find that.
I used to be a bit of a photographer ... so I have a little advice to pass on.
Use the macro setting, if your camera has one. Most point and shoot digital cameras these days have this setting, it's made for taking "up close" shots of about 7-12 inches from the lens.
Definitely use a tripod. Get comfortable with the shutter release button and try to press it with as little force as possible so you don't shake the camera.
it's much better for your photo to be getting it's light from a constant source rather than a flash. Don't be afraid to surround the thing in bright light, so long as you don't create glare in the photo.
welcome to the forum, by the way ... Merry Christmas.

philip

Lifer
Oct 13, 2011
Puget Sound
Beautiful pipes Batdemon. According to pipedia it is a churhwarden if the stem is at least 9" long.

Churchwarden.gif

seakayak

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 21, 2010
I am also partial to the Aldo Velani, but I'd be willing to bet that the Canadian is one of your best smokers.

Status
Not open for further replies.