PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

smokindog

Lurker
May 9, 2018
Michigan
tumblr_p8tx07mR0Y1viekivo1_540.jpg

For the past week I have been picking all the dandelions that pop up in the yard and clipping off all the petals and saving them to make dandelion wine. I think I only need a few more days of picking to have enough to make a gallon of wine.

npod

Lifer
Jun 11, 2017
I eat the leaves and use them in my green smoothies. Super healthy.
But never tried the wine.
At Whole Foods, a hand full of Dandelion leaves goes for $5.75! I kid you not.

smokindog

Lurker
May 9, 2018
Michigan
Its hard to describe the taste, Ive had some that tasted like mild mead and some that taste like very dry white wine. The ones that taste more like mead just havme a general floral taste. I like to saute dandelion greens with onions and bacon :)

lazar

Can't Leave
May 5, 2015
Got a recipe? I've always been curious since reading the Ray Bradbury novel.

Javan, honeysuckle wine... now that something that appeals to me. Admittedly, I’ve never had a wine of any sort that wasn’t like a flavorful fruit juice that... burns. I am a wee bit of a teetotaller. But, I do occasionally sip from my wife’s glass of wine, mostly just to see verify that it all burns like acid as I try my best to swallow. Ha ha!!

But, I do make a muscadine wine that my wife likes, and I may try a peach wine. But, for me, I just drink the unfermented juice with my pipe.

buster

Lifer
Sep 1, 2011
I've never tried dandelion wine but I've eaten the leaves. This lady is no longer with us but some of her wisdom lives on in the YouTube world.
https://youtu.be/51VhG8MKxJY

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Dandelion wine, dandelion greens and bacon, honeysuckle wine. Yes, yes, and yes! Wonderful stuff. I even pluck and eat the blooms while doing yard work.

Status
Not open for further replies.