PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

scrapyardape

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 9, 2013
Florida gulfcoast
Wasn't sure if this should have been posted in the New Smoker's section or not. Apologies if this is the wrong place.
I have been a pipe smoker for only six months and until now, I have stuck with only "drugstore tobaccos" in my pipes. Now that my technique is improving, I think it is time to venture into something "more". Here is what I need from all of you: Make one tobacco suggestion. After a few days, I'll put all the suggestions in a hat and draw one at random. That will be my next tobacco. Don't worry about suggesting something you think I might like... suggest something YOU like. If it turns out to be something that works for me, great; if it does not agree with me, then I'll have still experienced something new.
I only ask that you just make ONE suggestion each and that it be something fairly easy to obtain. (no trekking through the Himalayas backwards while humming 'God Save the Queen')
Thanks muchly for your help.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
scrapy, I think I know some of the suggestions you'll get, so I am going to posit a suggestion I doubt you'll get.

I'd recommend Lane's bulk LL-7, close kin to the ever-popular Q-1, but to me a slightly livelier flavor. Since

it's bulk, it will give you a price break. It's a good tobacco for a relatively new pipe smoker, no big challenge

here, which is why I'm recommending it. Plenty of time for the English, Balkan, etc. blends. Order two ounces

of LL-7, to see if you like it; I think you will (if it gets drawn out of the hat, anyway). It's available at

smokingpipes.com and other places.

dottle

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 1, 2012
Stop now before its to late!!!! You will become doomed with ailments like PAD,TAD, ect!!!! Only kidding,,enjoy the journey!

boudreaux

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 7, 2013
Aww hell, buy a tin of all of them. You can always build your dream house out of tobacco tins (like someone did with beer cans).

Status
Not open for further replies.